"He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth."
— Daniel 6:27
- Praise God for a partnership formed between IJM and the Anglican Church of Uganda. The church’s vision of opening legal chambers will grow its role in serving widows and orphans in the community by providing legal services to victims of property grabbing. Legal clinics dedicated to this purpose are the first of its kind in the country. It is encouraging to see the church take a lead in caring for the vulnerable, and we pray that this will sustain efforts to ensure that women are protected.
- Praise God for the arrest of a Bolivian man who had sexually abused his daughter Yessica,* for years. The assaults finally stopped when 14-year-old Yessica was able to escape his control at a hospital, but he then went into hiding. Police found and arrested him on Tuesday, and now the IJM team can begin seeking justice and providing the family with closure. Please pray for the upcoming trial, and praise God for Yessica’s confidence. As she says, “My God always seeks justice, even when a person has caused so much harm.”
- Please pray for 320 survivors of slavery who were just inducted into their local Released Bonded Laborer Associations (RBLAs). These networks are made up of local leaders who were once in bondage and now can advocate for the rights of their community. IJM has even worked with RBLAs to free others from the slavery they once endured. Pray these 320 women and men will feel empowered by their leadership positions and will find success in working with the government at a grassroots level to end slavery.
- Praise God that 8 children were rescued from cybersex trafficking in the Philippines. Two suspects were arrested during the operation, and the boys and girls are now safe at shelters. Sadly, the suspects were related to the victims. Pray for the children to experience God’s peace and powerful presence as they begin to process the abuse and betrayal they have endured. Pray for the suspects to also encounter God’s mercy as they face the crimes they have committed.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Please pray for us as we continue to seek a Collaboration Systems Analyst to join us. The successful candidate will provide leadership, management and support for IJM’s various collaboration systems. As part of the Application Management group, this role will help provide strategy and direction for the use of collaboration systems in the organization.