January 14, 2017
"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."
— Hebrews 13:3
- Please pray for IJM’s team in Kenya as they prepare for the next phase of the trial for five men accused of murdering IJM investigator Willie Kimani, client Josephat Mwenda, and driver Joseph Muiruri. Hearings in the high-profile case will resume in mid-February. Pray for safety, stamina and energy as the team prepares for the trial, and for staff who will be traveling to Kenya from other regions to provide extra support. Pray that ultimately all who were involved in the deaths would be brought to justice.
- Please pray for an ongoing training program IJM is leading in Guatemala to equip senior police officials to more effectively fight crimes of child sexual violence. Last week, IJM trained more than 50 officials in the third of four trainings that could ultimately impact how all Guatemalan police protect children from abuse. Please pray that the lessons stick, and that they would be the start of a major culture change throughout the Guatemalan police force that would end the country’s plague of sexual violence against children.
- Please pray for one of our South Asia teams as they await police go-ahead on an urgent rescue operation to free 20+ men from slavery.These young men were trafficked thousands of miles from their homes and forced to work in a factory, where they face daily violence, intimidation and desperation. Pray that our team can coordinate quickly with anti-trafficking police to rescue these men and bring them to safety, putting an end to their violent abuse.
- Please pray for IJM’s team in Chiang Mai, Thailand, as we have a unique opportunity to help authorities in a district review hundreds of citizenship applications this week. This district has thousands of applications that have languished, and the governor invited IJM to help review and process the extensive paperwork. Pray that this review opens the flood gates so that the hundreds of hill tribe people who are legally entitled to become Thai citizens would be able to obtain and benefit from that right.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Please pray for a passionate and seasoned professional to serve as theNational Director of Strategic Partnerships. In partnership with the Vice President of U.S. Advancement, the National Director of Strategic Partnerships will provide strategic leadership and act as the lead manager in assisting IJM in achieving 20% annual revenue growth from Major Donors and Family Foundations.