“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”— Micah 6:8
- Praise God for an acquittal in the case of a man falsely accused of stealing a vehicle in Kenya. He has waited three years under the shadow of these false charges, and a few weeks ago you prayed for him when his judgment hearing was postponed yet again. We are so grateful that he is finally free and can look to the future with hope. Pray for him as he begins to look for work and rebuild his life.
- Justice prevailed in the Dominican Republic this week as a man was found guilty and sentenced to prison for selling his step-daughter to other men who paid to sexually exploit her; last year, her mother was also pronounced guilty and sentenced. Pray for Liana’s* healing as both of her perpetrators are now in prison. Pray that she continues to look forward to the bright future she can now purse in freedom with the support of her grandparents, close friends and IJM staff.
- Praise God for Megala*, a survivor of sex trafficking who recently completed her Bachelors of Arts degree. She was rescued from a brothel at just 10 years old, but through the support of our aftercare team has rebuilt her confidence and pursued her dreams. Megala is our first survivor to finish a university course like this, and she’s now hoping to complete a Master’s in Social Work and join IJM staff. Praise God for her determination, and pray she’ll continue to thrive in freedom.
- Praise God for justice in the Philippines: Three people who turned their home into a cybersex trafficking den were convicted last week.IJM has been working on this case since 2015, when we helped police rescue 12 children, 6 to 17 years old. Two other suspects were arrested during the same operation; they have rejected a plea bargain and will stand trial. Please keep praying for the IJM lawyer and prosecutor who will handle this case.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Please join us in prayer for Freedom Sunday tomorrow! Ask God to grant the pastors, speakers and volunteers at Freedom Sunday churches peace and boldness as they prepare to share about God’s heart for justice. And join us in asking the Holy Spirit to move mightily in the hearts of the people who will attend and hear these words, moving them to take action.
- Please pray as we recruit for a Vice President of Global Partnerships. IJM is seeking a senior executive to operate at a level of global statesmanship in representing IJM’s thought-leadership at the highest levels of government, multi-lateral institutions, academia, development institutions, and religious societies – and to operationally lead a global team in marshalling IJM’s intellectual assets and influence to fundamentally transform the way the world’s most influential institutions prioritize and fund programs to stop violence against the poor in the developing world.