“The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness…”
— Romans 1:18
- Praise God for two boys rescued from child slavery on Lake Volta in Ghana. The Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the Ghana police arrested one suspected trafficker in August, and requested IJM support with the follow-up rescue. In addition to the rescue of the two boys, the boat master who had forced the boys to work for him was arrested. Pray for the boys as they go to an aftercare shelter, that they would quickly feel safe and secure, and that their healing would be complete. Pray as well for the ongoing case against the traffickers, that justice would be done.
- Praise God for a 50-year sentence in Guatemala on a case of two sisters who had been repeatedly sexually abused by their father. IJM has walked alongside them since 2015, for the two and a half years it took to reach a sentence. Praise God for his faithfulness and for giving our team and clients patience and endurance through this long journey of pursuing justice. Continue to pray for the two sisters as they go deeper in their process of restoration, ask God to help them know who they are in him and heal them from trauma.
- Please pray for government stability in one of the states where we work. A large number of officials have gone on strike over pay, which halts our ability to work with them on rescue operations and survivor rehabilitation. Pray for peace across the state and a quick resolution, so that families trapped in bonded labor slavery can get the help they desperately need.
- Praise God for two girls who were rescued from cybersex trafficking last weekend in Cebu. Watch a video with footage from the operation, and please pray for the survivors who are 14 and 15 years old. Ask God to give them peace as they begin to process the trauma they have endured. Pray also for the evidence collection, and ask God to reveal any other victims and show his mercy and justice to the two suspects who were arrested.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please join us in prayer as we enter the last week before Freedom Sunday. Praise God for the churches, pastors and volunteers in over 10 countries who will be dedicating their service on September 24 to sharing about God's heart for justice and calling His people to join the fight against slavery. Please pray for our church mobilization team as they equip churches in the final stages of planning, and ask God to grant the pastors and volunteers creativity and wisdom as they prepare this week.
- Please pray as we recruit for a Vice President of Global Partnerships. IJM is seeking a senior executive to operate at a level of global statesmanship in representing IJM’s thought leadership at the highest levels of government, multi-lateral institutions, academia, development institutions and religious societies.