September 2, 2017
“The Lord said, ‘I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.’ ”
— Exodus 3:7
- Pray for a man falsely accused of stealing a vehicle in Kenya. He was supposed to learn this week whether he would be acquitted, but unfortunately the judgment was not ready. Pray for a just verdict to be reached by the time of his next scheduled court date in mid-September, and pray for peace for the man and his wife and young daughter as they await the judgment.
- Pray for the church in Guatemala, for key pastors and leaders to be moved by God to step into the fight for justice. Pray for them not to feel paralyzed by despair, but to walk boldly knowing that the God of justice is walking with them.
- Please pray for two survivor families who recently lost loved ones and for the IJM aftercare teams who are supporting them. These families were freed from forced labor slavery several years ago, but remained in contact with IJM even after they graduated from our aftercare program. In the last week, each of the families lost a member to sudden illness or accident. Pray for their comfort during this season, and that IJM supports them well. Also pray for our aftercare team, who invested years in these families and grieve these losses just as deeply.
- Pray for several ongoing trials in Thailand, involving powerful men accused of sexually assaulting young teen girls. In one case, a man used Facebook to recruit the victim. In another, a village chief is on trial for assaulting a girl in his community. Pray for justice, and pray that the girls and families who have brought charges despite pressure to drop the cases will be protected and remain in peace.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Praise God for the prayer gatherings recently held in Chicago and St. Louis, and thank God for the volunteers who coordinated and hosted these events. Ask God to continue to work in the hearts of the attendees, moving them to persevere in the fight for justice through prayer.
- Please pray as we seek to find a talented leader to provide financial oversight for our teams. The Vice President & Controller plans, organizes and monitors the accounting organization related to the general ledger, supporting systems and tax compliance. The Controller is also the primary liaison with both internal and external auditors and fosters financial leadership, efficiency, systemization and discipline throughout the organization.