September 9, 2017
“Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep.”
— Psalm 36:6
- Pray for the clients in several scheduled court cases in Uganda whose hearings will be affected by a judiciary strike in northern Uganda this week. As they wait for justice and assurance that they can live securely on their land, delays in case hearings at court can be difficult. Pray for swift and peaceful resolution to the strike, and for the widows and orphans whose cases are affected.
- Please pray for the spiritual and physical health of our Bolivia team.Pray for strength, wisdom and joy in their everyday tasks. Pray that God will sustain them as they walk alongside our clients in their journeys of restoration.
- Please pray for hundreds of survivors preparing to graduate from IJM’s aftercare program this month after overcoming the trauma of forced labor slavery. Since their rescue two years ago, these families have been learning how to overcome abuse, find good jobs, manage their money and keep children in school, among other life skills. Now, they are ready to live freely without IJM’s help. Pray for our team planning the joyful graduation ceremony, and that it will be honoring and encouraging to these children, women and men as they embrace life in freedom.
- Two American men — one from California, the other from Virginia — were found guilty this week for sexually exploiting young Filipino children. Both men had used the internet to meet facilitators in the Philippines, and had traveled there to abuse girls as young as eight years old in person. Praise God for the two brave survivors who traveled to California to testify in one of the cases. The girls were in the courtroom and heard the judge pronounce the man guilty. Just 24 hours later, a second case involving different children ended with the man in Virginia pleading guilty. Praise God that both cases have ended with justice, and pray that the survivors will move forward in peace and thrive in freedom.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
- Please continue to pray as we recruit friends and supporters to join us at our 2017 Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC. Pray for wisdom and creativity as our team recruits advocates from key congressional districts and begins arranging meetings with elected officials. Ask God to use the October 23-24 event to move our elected leaders to action against slavery, and to show them that people across the country are coming together to speak on behalf of the oppressed.