“To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.” Proverbs 21:3
- Praise God for the arrest of several exceptionally violent men who threw a widow and her son out of their home when the widow’s husband died. These men even went so far as assaulting the police when they came to investigate the accusations of land theft on behalf of the widow. Pray that the court case against them will proceed and send a message that Uganda’s legal system will not allow widows to be abused with impunity. Pray also for the widow who was thrown off her land and her son. Just last week IJM helped her to open a small secondhand clothing store so that she will have a source of income. Pray for her encouragement and safety.
- The CNN Freedom Project recently featured our work fighting sex trafficking in the Dominican Republic. Praise God for these inspiring stories and pray for all the people who will see these videos, that their eyes would be opened to the reality of sex trafficking and that they would look for ways to join us in the fight to end sex trafficking in the Dominican Republic.
- Praise God for a major week of rescues late last month — IJM helped officials free 88 people in 8 operations in 8 days! In four cases, the teams freed girls and young women from sex trafficking in brothels and secret trafficking networks. In the other four, IJM helped rescue families from a rock quarry, a sugarcane farm, a lumber yard and a sheep-grazing unit. Thank God for the proactive officials who made this all possible, and pray for all of these 88 survivors as they receive trauma care and begin rebuilding their lives in freedom. Read more about these rescues!
- Two weeks ago we asked you to keep praying for a cybersex trafficking case involving 12 children as young as six years old in the Philippines. Three of the five suspects had been convicted, but two more were refusing to accept plea bargains. This week we learned that both of these suspects admitted guilt, and we will not have to go through a lengthy trial. Praise God that justice has been done for the young survivors in this case, and they won’t have to testify in a trial. Pray that God will reveal his love to all five criminals as they serve out prison sentences.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Praise God for an incredible Art Music Justice Tour in Washington and California at the end of September. Thank God for Sandra McCracken and Sara Groves, our artist partners for the tour. Please also pray for everyone who attended the concerts, asking God to continue working in their hearts and in their cities to raise up a movement to seek justice for the poor and the oppressed.