- Pray for the trial for the murder of Willie, Joseph and Josephat, our colleagues and client in Kenya. This week the trial started up again after more than two months. Please pray for the families of Willie, Joseph and Josephat, and our Kenya team, as they hear the difficult accounts of their loved ones. Pray for their strength and healing, and for justice to be done.
- Praise God for a new conviction in Guatemala. Last week, our team secured a conviction in a case of sexual violence that had been open since 2013. The perpetrator was a transit police officer and had sexually assaulted a young girl. Pray for the survivor as she continues to receive therapy to overcome the trauma. Pray that God will surround her with a supportive community that reminds her of her value in Christ and can walk with her in her personal journey of healing.
- Please pray for our teams across South Asia as they take on exciting opportunities to train law enforcement officers on combating slavery and human trafficking. We are excited to leverage our experience with officials this way, but also need God’s grace over every logistical detail, every conversation and every training we conduct. Pray these leaders will have open minds and a renewed passion for protecting the poor, and pray for energy and wisdom for the IJM team taking these big initiatives to impact the justice system.
- Praise God for the officials, pastors and community leaders who attended a workshop in Cambodia this week. This was the fifth collaborative workshop hosted by the IJM team this year, and the purpose was to equip leaders with practical tools they can use to protect people from human trafficking. Exercises during the workshop allowed local government officials and pastors to interact, some for the first time. Pastors are often in the best position to spot vulnerable people; pray that these leaders would be able to make good referrals to officials in their area, and pray that they would help protect people in their community.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray for our supporters and staff as we prepare for the 2017 Advocacy Summit in Washington, D.C., on October 23-24. Pray that the final details of scheduling meetings with elected officials would come together smoothly, and for safety as our supporters travel to D.C. from around the country. Join us in asking God to move our elected leaders to take action against slavery as they see their constituents speaking on behalf of the oppressed.
- Please pray for our search for a Director of Internal Communications. We are looking for a thoughtful and thorough leader for our Internal Communications team. This is a new team, critical to equipping our growing organization to scale and connecting our colleagues around the world. Working closely with employees, key stakeholders and leadership, this person will establish organizational communication channels, tools and messaging strategies.