- Pray for a new coalition of organizations fighting against child slavery in Ghana. This coalition is an opportunity to build stronger cooperation and engagement with partners, to improve responses to trafficking and strengthen reintegration efforts. At the first meeting in September, IJM led a training on trafficking prosecutions. Next week will be the second meeting for the coalition, and we would love for this to be a time of encouragement for all of the different organizations involved in ending slavery.
- Please lift up our team in the Dominican Republic to the Lord, especially our legal team and their upcoming trials. Some of the lawyers have faced a lot of obstacles the past month with some judges. Pray for strength, energy and favor in the judge’s eyes. Pray for the judges of this city — for compassion, wisdom and understanding.
- Praise God for another joyful graduation ceremony where 200 former slaves celebrated their journey to restoration. Two years ago, these families were being forced to work in brick kilns, rice mills, rock quarries and other tough work environments. Children couldn’t go to school, and families lacked even the most basic medical care. Today, however, they’ve been empowered with skills and resources to truly thrive. It’s an amazing transformation! Praise God for our staff who’ve walked faithfully alongside these families for two years, and pray for their ongoing success as they live in freedom.
- Praise God that two men suspected of running a cybersex trafficking ring were arrested last week in Manila. The IJM team helped Philippine National Police rescue a 17-year-old girl and arrest the men in an operation that originated from an FBI referral. Authorities believe the Filipino suspects were exploiting girls, primarily aged 10- to 15-years-old, over the past five years. Pray that all of the children who have been exploited would be found.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Join us in praising God for the largest Advocacy Summit in IJM history earlier this week! Over 300 people representing thirty states met with elected officials, asking them to use their power to fuel the fight against modern day slavery. Please pray that God would continue to work in the hearts of these members of Congress, and that advocates would have meaningful follow-up opportunities with their officials over the coming weeks.
- Please lift up our search for a Director of Strategic Partnerships for the Bay Area. This person has the opportunity to meaningfully engage donors in our work, showing how their joyful financial partnership can bring freedom and rescue to thousands. For this role, IJM is seeking a skilled networker with a fearless approach to building relationships with high net worth individuals and the ability to convert those relationships to financial gifts. The successful candidate will raise $1,000,000 in their first year in the role and 20% more each subsequent year.