“And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.’ ”
— Revelation 21:3-4
- This week IJM President Sean Litton and the Honorable Chief Justice of Uganda Bart Katureebe signed an MOU that will lay the path forward for IJM’s work to end violence against women and children in Uganda. Praise God with us for this incredible opportunity to strengthen our relationship with the Ugandan government and celebrate the changes we have witnessed in the public justice system over the years that we have been partnering with them to protect widows from land theft.
- In another exciting development, IJM has been chosen by the Uganda Ministry of Gender to consult on a World Bank project to protect women and children from violence in Western Uganda. Thank God for Uganda’s leaders taking a strong stand against violent attitudes towards women and children, and pray for this partnership to grow and lead to a transformation of the public justice system so that all Ugandans can know they are safe and protected by the law.
- Praise God for a great opportunity to train police officers to fight sexual violence against children in Bolivia. On October 10 and 11, our field office team led a training on investigations of child sexual violence for 16 police officers, 15 of whom were brand new to the division! Pray that these new police officials will put into practice what they have learned and that they will remain open to respond to God’s call to seek justice as they perform in their new roles.
- Please pray for a survivor of sex trafficking named Rachita* as she continues on her healing journey. Incredibly sweet and selfless, Rachita prays constantly for those around her rather than for herself — but admits she still carries a lot of sorrow from the violence she experienced in a brothel. She’s working through this trauma bravely, and we ask for God’s encouragement in her recovery. Please pray he will continue the powerful work happening in her life, and ask for blessings over Rachita as she works toward full restoration in her heart.
- Praise God for another conviction in a case of cybersex trafficking in the Philippines. Three people pled guilty and apologized for exploiting their children, aged 9 to 13 years old. Praise God that justice was handed down through a plea bargain, meaning the children will not have to go through a lengthy trial or be asked to testify against their own relatives. Pray for miracles of restoration in the hearts and minds of the children, who are now living in a shelter, and for the perpetrators as they serve out prison sentences.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please join us in lifting up the prayer gatherings happening in Dallas, TX, and Orange County, CA. Join us in praising God for the volunteers who are leading these gatherings, and please pray that the events would rally more and more people to step into the fight against slavery through prayer.