“Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.”
— Titus 3:14
- Pray for the IJM team in Kampala, Uganda as they transition aftercare support for land theft clients to a partner organization.Last year, IJM Kampala completed their system reform program which involves training, mentoring and support to improve how public justice system officials and service providers protect and care for widows who are victims of land theft. Pray for our staff who have walked alongside these widows and their families, often for years, that they would feel at peace during the transition. Pray for our clients that they would understand the reasons for the transition and would feel cared for and supported.
- Please pray for our Dominican Republic team as they work on a case involving a French citizen accused of sexually exploiting at least four young boys — the youngest survivor was 10 years old at the time of rescue. This case has been open for about three years, and the defense attorney has done everything possible to prevent the case from going to trial. He is pushing a settlement now and has even been offering the survivors’ families money to agree to the settlement. Pray that this settlement does not take place, as it could result in a weak conviction. Pray that the survivors’ families would not give in to the pressure but would continue seeking justice for their children, and that the accused would be deported to his home country to face trial.
- Praise God for 32 survivors rescued from slavery at a brick kiln this week, and please pray for ongoing obstacles in their case. These families were toiling in a brick kiln until IJM and our close partner NGO arrived to rescue them on Wednesday. The families have been brought to safety, but their former owner is exerting his power in the community to influence local government officials, who are now delaying giving the rescued families crucial documents to mark their freedom and protect them long-term. We need God’s intervention to change the hearts of these officials so they do the right thing, seek justice and protect these children, women and men in their first critical days in freedom.
- Join us in praising God for three successful operations in the Philippines over the past week, which resulted in 10 children being rescued from cybersex trafficking. We are grateful for the collaboration between Philippines authorities and international law enforcement agencies that led us to find and rescue these boys and girls and to arrest their abusers. Pray that those who abused and exploited these children would face consequences for the crime. Pray for the journey of healing that lies ahead for each of these survivors as they begin receiving aftercare services, including trauma therapy and medical care.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please ask God to bring the right people to join IJM’s team, both for positions at our Headquarters and in our Field Offices around the world. Pray for wisdom as our Recruiting Team reviews applications and interviews candidates, seeking to bring the women and men on board who will help make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Our apologies for sending these prayer requests a few days late. We will return to our normal Saturday morning send time next weekend.