“Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.”
— 2 Corinthians 4:1
- Praise God for the opportunity IJM had to participate in a Women in Leadership Conference in Uganda. An IJM Kenya aftercare staff member presented about the progress the team has made in combatting child sexual assault and shared recommendations for how the same success could be seen in Uganda. Those in attendance, including members of the judiciary and the First Lady of Uganda, expressed a strong desire to see an end to violence against women in the country. Pray that the ideas shared would encourage leaders to see violence against women and children as an issue that impacts all aspects of society and that they would be committed to ensuring a public justice system response that makes it clear this violence will not be tolerated.
- Please pray for the Department of Investigation of Sexual Offenses of the Guatemalan National Civil Police across Guatemala. They partner with IJM to find and protect children who have experienced or are vulnerable to sexual abuse. Pray that all their personnel will be guided by God to find, rescue and protect children who currently live in fear and shame as they suffer as victims of sexual violence. Pray for wisdom and safety as they put their lives at risk to rescue and protect others. Finally, pray that our good relationships with this department will continue to grow and to prove that justice for the poor is possible!
- Please pray for a large number of cases where slave owners have been charged with hate crimes against families from the bottom of the caste system. Traffickers often prey on these impoverished caste groups because they know society doesn't offer them much protection. Our legal cases can be struggles because some judges still hold prejudice against them. Pray that we could reach a breakthrough on these cases — that righteous judges would rule strongly on hate crimes and protect vulnerable, low-caste groups. Pray for convictions against these predatory slave owners and for strong sentences that show the severity of these crimes.
- Pray for IJM Bangkok as they continue recruiting and onboarding new staff. IJM Bangkok hired a core team in 2017 and is now working to fill out the initial team in the first half of 2018. Please join us in praying for skilled, Christian professionals who are called to the work of justice and able to work well in English. Please pray for well-equipped candidates to apply for our open positions, and that we will find and identify those God calls.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray for the elected officials who received videos from their constituents as part of our Hidden No More advocacy campaign last week. Ask God to move in their hearts, and that they would be receptive to the voices of their constituents who are asking them to protect resources that combat slavery around the world.
- Please ask God to bring us a Senior Payroll Specialist. The Senior Payroll Specialist enables the accurate calculation of wages, deductions and withholdings and maintains records. This role also serves as a resource and provides leadership to IJM's team of payroll specialists. This position is based in the Washington, DC area.