“Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.”
— Ephesians 6:14-15
- Pray for the Gulu, Uganda team as they review referred domestic violence cases. The team took on the first two cases in March as part of a pilot project that will run through 2019. Pray for them to be able to collect all the information they need to make a decision on whether to take on the referred cases, and pray for the survivors and their children as they make difficult decisions about bringing charges against abusive partners.
- Please lift up the nation of Guatemala in your prayers today. Last weekend “Fuego” — one of Latin America’s most active volcanos — erupted, resulting in dozens of people dead and hundreds more injured. Pray for the approximately 3,000 residents who have been evacuated and are in temporary shelters. Pray especially for the children who have lost loved ones and are vulnerable to abuse and exploitation. Finally, pray for the survivors of sexual violence we serve and their families, for our team and their families and for our local partners. Pray for peace, health and protection as the air clears out and courts and police return to normal activities.
- Please pray for a safe recovery for a 17-year-old girl rescued from sex trafficking last week in a major city. She had been trafficked across the country under the promise of a good job, but was instead sold for sex in a dingy brothel. She was abused by up to nine men a day, in a room of four beds separated by sheets and twine. After police and IJM rescued her, she’s now in a temporary aftercare shelter getting the crisis care she needs. We are hoping to help her return home soon, where she has a one-year-old child. Pray for her physical and emotional recovery, and for strong evidence in the legal case against the brothel manager who exploited her.
- Please pray for the IJM Cambodia team as they join with other organizations to train Cambodian police. These trainings enhance local officers’ abilities to recognize and stop human trafficking where it occurs. Pray for a fruitful session that leads to more freedom for victims and justice for those who oppress the weak.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray for IJM’s international advancement offices in Canada, Australia, Germany, the U.K. and the Netherlands. Pray for God’s favor, wisdom and creativity as they seek to rally financial resources, advocacy momentum and prayer support for the work of justice in their countries.