“This is what the Lord says: ‘Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed.’ ”
— Isaiah 56:1
- Pray for prosecutors in Ghana as they prepare for the trial of suspected traffickers arrested during a January 2017 rescue operation. Pray for diligence and a passion for justice. Pray also that these trials would send the message that trafficking is a serious crime that the Ghanaian government will not tolerate, and that as a result thousands of children will be protected from ever being trafficked into slavery in Lake Volta’s fishing industry.
- Praise God for a successful and restoring 2017! Our Latin America teams faithfully walked alongside 70 boys and girls who are survivors of sexual violence and sex trafficking through the ups and downs of trauma-focused therapy. In this process, our social workers and psychologist consistently work with each survivor and his or her family to address the trauma they have experienced and help create a safe and stable environment that will support their healing process. In this New Year, we invite you to continue praying for Latin America and for these boys and girls, their families and their communities. Pray that these young survivors would continue living in freedom and restoration.
- Please pray for stability in one of the cities where we work after large-scale protests have erupted across the state. Members of a low-caste community are protesting a potential murder case, and some people have used this time to provoke violence — which has prevented our staff from traveling safely around the city. Pray for God’s peace to cover the streets, for an end to violence and for a quick resolution to the issues being discussed.
- Pray for boys and girls who are suffering in secret right now in the Philippines. Many victims of cybersex trafficking are being exploited by relatives or neighbors, and building cases takes time and patience. Pray that IJM’s teams in Cebu and Manila would have discernment and favor as they develop cases and work with local law enforcement to locate these children.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray for the IJM campus chapter student leaders as they begin a new semester this month. Pray that God would grant these students wisdom, energy and creativity as they seek to raise awareness of trafficking, and as they mobilize their peers to take action against slavery in concrete and tangible ways.