“The Lord is known by his acts of justice; the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands. ”
— Psalm 9:16
- Pray for the IJM Gulu team in Uganda as they launch a new pilot project to assist women who have experienced extreme forms of domestic violence. Pray for the women we will be working with during the course of the year ahead, pray for the communities that surround and support these women and pray for the public justice officials who will be responding to these cases.
- Please pray for an 11-year-old Bolivian survivor of sexual violence who will be sharing her testimony in court. Early this week, a hearing was scheduled to evaluate her testimony but they ran out of time before she was able to share. A new hearing has been scheduled; pray that the hearing will actually happen and that the judge will take her testimony as valid evidence in the prosecution of her case. Please pray also for God’s overflowing peace in her life and for continued healing as she shares her story once again.
- Ask for God’s wisdom as our team works on a complicated case of two girls who are possibly being held in bonded labor slavery at a spinning mill. These two teen girls had been working to help support their impoverished family, but have been trapped in filthy conditions and have not been allowed to leave. Our studies show high levels of trafficking in the textile and garment industries, and we need God’s help to discover the truth, protect these girls and bring attention to this abusive industry.
- Praise God for the first conviction this year: Two traffickers were convicted for exploiting three young teens, 14 to 16 years old. The convictions this week ended a two-and-a-half year trial. Praise God for the Senior Assistant State Prosecutor in the Philippines who led that trial, with support from IJM’s team in Manila. Pray that these three young women, now living back in their community, will find strength and peace knowing justice has been done.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please ask God to bring the right people to join IJM’s team, both for positions at our headquarters and in our field offices around the world. Pray for wisdom as our Recruiting Team reviews applications and interviews candidates, seeking to bring the women and men on board who will help make justice for the poor unstoppable.