“Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him — his name is the LORD. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.”
— Psalm 68:4-6
- Pray for children rescued out of slavery on Lake Volta in Ghana as we enter the Christmas season. After rescue, we locate the families of each child and assess whether they will be able to return home safely to their communities. The goal is to reunite children with their families and help parents to provide care and send their children to school. That process takes time, and in the interim, children receive protection and care from our aftercare partners in Ghana. Please pray for healing and peace for the children who are not yet reunited with their families. Pray that they would be comforted by the dedicated aftercare partners who care for them, and that they would sense the love and presence of their heavenly father.
- Praise God for our Bolivia team and for the work they do for child survivors of sexual violence. Last Sunday, and after years of roadblocks and challenges, our team was able to collaborate with local law enforcement authorities to locate and arrest a man who had raped a three-year-old girl. This young survivor is now nine years old, and our IJM social workers have been walking with her to help her heal from trauma and thrive. Please pray for this young survivor as she can now continue with her life knowing that this man can’t hurt her anymore. In addition, pray for the legal part of this case, as our team continues to bring this man in front of local authorities to ensure he is not able to hurt others going forward.
- Praise God for a woman and her two young children rescued from bondage at a brick kiln, and please pray for their ongoing care. This family had been trapped in slavery to repay a significant loan. The woman’s husband escaped several weeks ago, and she was struggling to get by. She begged to leave the kiln and find money to repay the debt — but then the kiln owner kept her toddlers as ransom and threatened to hurt them. Thankfully, IJM staff were in the area and heard her cries for help, and we worked with officials to free her family. Please pray for their ongoing crisis care, and for follow-up in this case to ensure the slave owners are punished.
- Please pray for an eight-year-old girl rescued from cybersex trafficking last month in Pampanga, the Philippines. Her aunt and aunt’s live-in partner were both arrested. Three other young children were removed from the home as at-risk and potential victims. IJM followed a tip from the Nordic Police and supported three different Philippine police groups in this operation; praise God for the incredible collaboration between so many agencies. Praise God too that these children are now safe, and please pray for them. Pray that the truth would be clear, that the woman and her partner would repent and be healed, and that the children would grow up strong and assured that they are beloved.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please join us in praising God for our athlete partners who are using their platform and influence to rally others to end slavery.Specifically, join us in thanking God for Trey Burton, Kirk Cousins and Benjamin Watson, who raised awareness for IJM and the fight against slavery by wearing IJM cleats during the NFL’s “My Cause, My Cleats” game week.