“The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed."
— Psalm 103:6
- Pray for widows in Gulu, Uganda who participated in a trauma training this week. Pray that as the women return home they would be able to put the skills they’ve learned into practice in their day-to-day lives as they continue healing. Pray also that they would be encouraged by being connected to other women who have experienced similar trauma, that they would feel like they are not isolated and have a community alongside them.
- Over the weekend, our team marched alongside survivors of child sexual assault and their families to advocate for the creation of a Sex Offender Registry and DNA bank in Guatemala. If this new legislation is approved, it would be a huge step forward to protect children from sexual violence in the country, as this registry could provide key information in the investigation stage of cases, as well as progress toward prevention. Please pray that this initiative will receive the final approval vote by Congress, that it will be signed into law by the Guatemalan president, and that the necessary resources will be allocated for its implementation to bring justice for victims of sexual violence.
- Praise God for ten people rescued from slavery at a chicken farm on Thanksgiving day. These adults and children had been forced to work long hours in hot, dirty conditions. Our team supported officials for several days to bring them to safety and apprehend their abuser. After getting warm meals and medical care, the families are living safely in an aftercare facility where they can heal. Pray for them as they adjust to dignified lives in freedom!
- Praise God for three girls rescued from cybersex trafficking on Thanksgiving day. IJM supported Philippine police with the rescue operation, thanks to a referral from New Zealand police. Praise God that the three children, who are 3, 5 and 7 years old, are now safe. Ask the Holy Spirit to provide comfort, peace and trust as they recover. Pray also for the two suspects arrested — sadly, they are the parents of the victims in this case.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray for the advocates who will be wearing a dress each day this month, partnering with our friends at Dressember to generate awareness and support for ending slavery. Ask God to give these advocates creativity, enthusiasm and joy as they participate in the campaign and rally others to the fight against trafficking.