“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.”
— Psalm 45:6
- Pray for the 250 churches in Ghana that participated in Freedom Sunday in September. As 2018 begins, pray that these congregations of believers would feel the call of God to join him in defending the poor and seeking justice for children who have been enslaved. Pray especially for those pastors who are leading churches in the Volta region, where some know members of their community or congregation are traffickers. Pray for boldness and wisdom in confronting the injustice that they see, so that the church becomes a place of refuge and protection for children.
- Praise God for the different opportunities our team in the Dominican Republic had throughout 2017 to build local capacity.More than 1,000 police, government officials, social workers, church leaders and other community members were trained to recognize and effectively respond to sex crimes against children. Pray for them to move forward in their fight for justice as they take the next step and put their training in practice.
- IJM opened our newest office in Bangkok this year. Praise God for the new team members who have joined in the fight against labor trafficking in the Thai fishing industry. Pray that we would be able to fill all of the remaining open positions early in the new year. Pray especially for aftercare staff who can cast vision and help develop a strong support system for men and women rescued from slavery at sea.
- More than 80 girls and boys have been rescued from cybersex trafficking this year in the Philippines. Please pray for them. Ask Jesus to come, as Emmanuel, to bring his hope and healing in their lives. Many of these children are living in shelters and have spent Christmas away from family. Pray that they would know they are part of God’s family and experience the deep love of our Father. (Learn more about IJM’s work in the Philippines, where we are protecting boys and girls from online sexual exploitation.)
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray for the nearly 100 new staff members, interns and fellows who will be joining us for orientation in early January. Thank God for bringing these talented men and women to join our team, and pray for strength and joy as they prepare to attend orientation. In particular, please pray for the team members who will be moving internationally for their positions. Pray for smooth logistics and physical and emotional stamina as they arrive in the field.