But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!”
— Amos 5:24
- Praise God for a conviction in a long and drawn out case in Uganda, in which a powerful man abused his influence to rob poor families of their property. While we are pleased that the judge has issued a conviction in the case, we were disappointed that the sentence took the form of a fine rather than jail time. Pray for the continued safety of our clients now that the perpetrator is at large, and that our legal team would be able to successfully appeal the mild sentence.
- Praise God for the 22 Bolivian police officers who recently completed specialized trainings with IJM Bolivia. These officers are from a unit that focuses on combatting violent crimes, and the training equipped them to effectively investigate cases of sexual assault while being sensitive to the unique needs of children and families impacted by this crime. Pray that these officers would apply and share the things they learned, building the capacity of local law enforcement to protect vulnerable children across the country.
- Please continue to pray for two of our offices in South Asia as they work together to search for a boy we believe has been enslaved in a factory since January. We raised this request last month as well, and we are waiting on any updates from the police on the status of their search. In the meantime, IJM has been networking with local NGOs to help locate the traffickers who may be exploiting this boy. Please pray we could find this boy and any other children trapped along with him quickly.
- Please pray for 4 cybersex trafficking survivors in the Philippines who were rescued this week from a conflict-ridden area. Please pray that conflict and political tension would not hinder the rescue and aftercare of children from cybersex trafficking.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Praise God for the launch of Season 2 of The New Activist Podcast—now in partnership with the RELEVANT Podcast Network. Pray that the weekly show, which features conversations with leaders tackling some of the world’s biggest humanitarian issues, would rally people across the globe to step into the fight against slavery and injustice.