"The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love."
— Psalm 33:5
- Praise God for the release of a new advocacy song by a Kenyan artist calling for an end to police abuse of power. IJM has been working with partners in the human rights community in Kenya to raise awareness of police abuse and create public demand for change. IJM hosted an event for the launch of the song, which was covered widely by local media and highlighted the need for radical transformation in the police service in Kenya. Please pray that this support will continue to grow, and that we will see a response from Kenya’s leaders to bring this abuse to an end.
- Please pray for safety for our staff in Bolivia during a series of transportation strikes in the city of La Paz. Our team needs to travel to important trial hearings and survivor visits almost every day. We need God’s ongoing protection over every day travel around the city to make sure the children we serve get the services they need, no matter what.
- Ask God’s favor in our search for a 15-year-old girl possibly being sold for sex in one city’s massive red-light district. Our team supported local authorities in an attempted rescue operation last week—but this girl was not present and we were not able to rescue her. Please pray for our efforts to regroup and locate her quickly, and pray for her safety and protection in the meantime.
- Praise God for IJM’s presence at the World Economic Forum! The Forum engages the foremost political, business, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas. IJM Cambodia Field Office Director Peter Williams represented IJM and participated in a press briefing about illegal fishing, a major source of labor trafficking in the Southeast Asia region. Please pray for influence among global and regional leaders as IJM brings modern slavery in Southeast Asia to the forefront of global, regional, and industry agendas.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Praise God for the volunteers and pastors who have already signed up to bring Freedom Sunday to their churches on September 24th! Please pray for our Church Mobilization team as they continue to rally churches to participate, equipping them to dedicate a Sunday to preaching about God’s heart for justice and calling congregants to join the fight against slavery.