"He saves the needy from the sword in their mouth; he saves them from the clutches of the powerful. So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth.”
— Job 5:15-16
- Pray for our Africa Aftercare Specialist as she is traveling to our offices in Ghana, Kenya, and Uganda to meet with the aftercare teams. Pray that the time together would be encouraging to the teams, and prove fruitful as they develop plans and ideas for growing our capacity to care for men, women, and children after they have been rescued from violence.
- Join us in praising God for a conviction in Bolivia that has brought relief and joy to Lorenzo* and his family. In 2013, 11-year-old Lorenzo was repeatedly raped by a local shop owner who may have also abused other children. IJM and Lorenzo’s parents fought for years in a slow-moving trial, and this week the shop owner was finally convicted and sentenced to 25 years in prison. Lorenzo’s father was almost moved to tears out of gratitude to IJM and the courts. Praise God for this just conclusion to their case, and please pray for Lorenzo’s ongoing healing and hope.
- Praise God for a major victory for sex trafficking survivor Shefali,* who we have been supporting since her rescue nine years ago. She stood up bravely in court until her trafficker was convicted, and then for three more years to secure victim compensation she was owed. This month, she was finally granted these funds from the courts—the last milestone that lets her close this painful chapter of her life. The funds help girls like Shefali rebuild their lives and stay safe from re-trafficking long term, and we are so grateful she now has this security for her future!
- Pray for a 10-year-old girl who moved into a new aftercare shelter this week in Thailand. This young girl is a survivor of sexual assault, and we have been seeking a long-term, safe place for her to heal and grow. Praise God for the provision of this spot opening up in a shelter, and pray that she would experience the fullness of life that God intends for her.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Please pray for us as we search for a Director of Strategic Partnerships, Northern California to join our team. IJM is hiring a Director of Strategic Partnerships for the Bay Area. This person has the opportunity to meaningfully engage donors in our work, showing how their joyful financial partnership can bring freedom and rescue to thousands. The position is based in San Francisco and reports to the National Director of Strategic Partnerships.