“I know that you can do all things, no purpose of yours can be thwarted.”
— Job 42:2
- Pray that the IJM Ghana team would be able to obtain extended custody orders for 30 children rescued out of slavery on Lake Volta in April. These custody orders allow the aftercare shelters we partner with to have temporary custody of the rescued children for 9 months, allowing our team and partners sufficient time to assess their needs, locate their families, and work with them so they can be safely reintegrated in their communities. Please pray as well for additional capacity and resources for aftercare within Ghana as IJM seeks to rescue more children from slavery on the lake.
- Please pray for our Guatemala team as they launch a four-month training for police officers who will serve in sex crimes units. The training will equip these officers to effectively investigate cases of sexual assault, helping local authorities bring relief to victims and hold criminals accountable. Pray for wisdom for the IJM team members who are contributing to the training, and pray that it would build the capacity of the local justice system to protect vulnerable children from ever being victimized by this crime.
- Praise God for 149 people rescued this week from bonded labor slavery at a massive farm. IJM’s trained partner organization worked closely with local authorities to investigate the abuses these families had suffered for generations, and then mobilized a swift rescue operation to bring them to safety. Please pray for follow-up arrests of the suspected slave owners, and ask for God’s provision for these survivors as they return home and build new lives in freedom.
- Pray for IJM’s new relationships with government officials. IJM recently met with an official to introduce the organization and introduce the issue of cybersex trafficking. The official seemed very interested in the issue and in building a relationship with IJM. Praise God for this potential relationship, and pray He continues to grow IJM’s relationships with officials who will join us in the work of justice.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Please pray for a Field Presence Director to join us as we seek to establish a new office in El Salvador. The Field Presence Director (FPD) will build and lead a multi-disciplinary team to assess the long-term need and feasibility for a Justice System Transformation program in El Salvador, addressing everyday violence as it relates to sexual violence against children, gender-based violence, and gang related violence. The ideal candidate will lay a strong foundation for a long-term programming that effectively protects vulnerable Salvadoran communities from violence.