“This is what the LORD Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.’ ”
— Zechariah 7:9
- Praise God for the successful arrest of a violent man in Uganda who attacked a widow on her way home from visiting her children at boarding school. For the past five years, this man has been attempting to claim the widow’s land, and IJM has been working alongside her since 2014 to ensure that her property, both her home and her source of livelihood, remains in her possession. Pray for the safety of the widow and her children, and pray that the arrest would be a warning to any relations of the perpetrator that they cannot get away with bullying her.
- As our teams in Latin America continue strengthening justice systems to protect children from sex trafficking and sexual violence, we build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders and government officials who are eager to bring change in their own countries. Pray for God’s grace over our teams and these relationships, so together we can bring children to safety, speak truth into their lives and train other partners to do the same.
- Ask for God’s healing for two teen girls and five young women who were rescued this week from sex trafficking. These girls and women were being sold for sex in a suburban roadside lodge, and their traffickers were making huge sums of money from their abuse. IJM assisted local police in rescuing them this week and arresting the traffickers. Pray for their crisis care in these first few days of freedom, and pray for wisdom as IJM and our partners draw out long-term plans for their care and counseling.
- Join our team in the Philippines as we celebrate the conviction of an Australian national who lured children to his home, sexually abused them and distributed footage of the abuse online. The convictions of this man and his Filipina recruiter send a strong message to other criminals: those who abuse and exploit children in the Philippines will face consequences. Pray for the victims’ continued healing as they process this news of justice served on their behalf.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray that God would continue drawing attendees to join us at Liberate, a global gathering to end slavery. The September event outside of Dallas, TX, will include all of IJM’s global staff and our family of supporters — our largest gathering ever! Ask God to pour out creativity and wisdom as we continue planning for the event, and pray that the weekend would be an enormous step forward in the movement to end slavery.