“At that time I will deal with all who oppress you. I will rescue the lame; I will gather the exiles. I will give them praise and honor in every land where they have suffered shame.”
— Zephaniah 3:19
- Praise God that last week Sean Litton (IJM President) and Blair Burns (VP, Justice Operations) had the opportunity to meet with the Vice President of Ghana, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, to talk about our partnership with the government to address child slavery through enforcement of Ghanaian law. It is incredible to see how far we’ve come in just the past year, to a point where Ghana’s leaders are speaking about the importance of working together with partners like IJM to end child slavery. Pray that our government partnerships would continue to strengthen and lead to the end of children being enslaved in Ghana.
- Praise God that justice has been served in Bolivia. Last week, our team’s relentless efforts to pursue justice led to strong convictions in the case of a 16-year old girl who was kidnapped by a taxi driver and taken to a remote place where three other men were waiting to rape her. The four men were charged with rape; two of them were given a 20-year sentence and are held in custody, and the other two were given a 25-year sentence but have run away. Please pray for the police officials who are trying to find the two abusers who are on the run. Pray for wisdom and clarity of mind as they track them down, and for a quick arrest that can help stop these men from abusing others.
- Pray for our teams as they try to intercept inter-state trafficking networks that enslave the poor during this time of year. As the dry season begins in South Asia, many large brick kilns and rock quarries will recruit poor laborers to begin seasonal work — and many of these jobs become traps for bonded labor slavery. Our teams will work with police to intercept traffickers at train stations or major highways, and to monitor these high-risk businesses. Please pray we could stop criminals before they can enslave and abuse poor families just looking for good work!
- Pray for nine children rescued from cybersex trafficking in the Philippines last Friday. Praise God that all of the victims were located after three hours searching the neighborhood. Pray for the girls and boys, ranging from 2 to 9 years old. Pray for the suspect who was arrested; she is accused of offering these young children to foreigners who would pay to live-stream sexual abuse via the internet. Pray that she will repent and find Christ.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Join us in asking God to continue using The New Activist Podcast to mobilize his people to stand up for the poor and the oppressed. The show’s third season recently launched, continuing its partnership with the RELEVANT Podcast Network. Thank God for the listeners who have already taken action to fuel the work against slavery, and pray that the show would continue to rally people across the globe to step into the fight in new and powerful ways.