“You, LORD, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked, who freely strut about when what is vile is honored by the human race.”
— Psalm 12:7-8
- Pray for an ongoing case against an abusive police officer in Kenya that will resume next week. The two IJM clients in the case were with a third man, who was shot and killed by a police officer. The two surviving men were arrested and falsely charged with theft. IJM successfully represented the men to be acquitted, and the trial against the police officer is proceeding. Please pray for the safety and protection of staff and witnesses, and for justice to be done in this case.
- Please pray for our team in the Dominican Republic, as this week they began their first training with external Aftercare Case Managers. Our team is training a dozen staff from CONANI, the Dominican equivalent to Child Welfare Services, to meet one of the county’s biggest needs to address sex trafficking: specialized training. This training is part of a system reform project, and aims to build capacity among social workers and physiologists so they can better serve survivors of sex trafficking. Pray that CONANI staff members will be transformed by this training both personally and professionally.
- Please pray for two girls who were rescued from sex trafficking on Monday and are beginning their healing journey. These 15-year-olds are both from a community that traditionally encourages women into prostitution, so they have grown up with a distorted view of their worth and futures. We are so grateful police helped rescue them from abuse this week, but we will need God’s intervention to help them recover their dignity and self-worth. Pray for our aftercare team and partners meeting these girls in their time of need.
- Praise God for justice in Cambodia: In the first three quarters of the year, the IJM team helped secure convictions against 18 people for labor trafficking crimes. There were several different types of slavery cases, including young women trafficked to China as brides, students deceived by a fake educational opportunity and forced instead to work in a factory, and men trafficked into Thailand’s fishing industry. Praise God for the Cambodian courts that have ruled justly, especially considering how these cases involved collaboration with other countries to track down evidence, witnesses and even the criminals themselves.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please ask God to bring the right people to join IJM’s team, both for positions at our Headquarters and in our Field Offices around the world. Pray for wisdom as our Recruiting Team reviews applications and interviews candidates, seeking to bring the women and men on board who will help make justice for the poor unstoppable.