“ ‘Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,’ declares the Lord."
— Jeremiah 1:8
- Pray as the trial for the murder of our colleague Willie, client Josephat, and trusted driver Joseph continues on November 28. This is a critical stage of the trial, and we are asking God for courage and safety for the remaining witnesses. We are thankful for the number of witnesses who have testified so far, and for the relatively fast progress of the case compared to other police abuse trials. Please also continue to pray for the emotional healing of the family members, particularly as the holidays approach and the loss of loved ones becomes even more acute.
- Praise God for our Latin America teams and the work they do relentlessly representing child survivors of sex trafficking and sexual violence around the region. A common challenge they encounter in court is the continuous rescheduling of hearings, which is a major road block that delays justice for the most vulnerable. Frequently, hearings are rescheduled because one or more people don’t attend the hearing. Please pray for strength for our teams as the cases are rescheduled, and pray that once they give a new date they will move quickly. Pray specially for all hearings scheduled until the end of the year, so all parties will be present and the hearings will take place.
- Please pray for stability within our key government partner agencies as we work together to combat sex trafficking. One of the departments with whom we’ve had very close and strategic relationships has experienced a lot of transfers and restructuring, which slows down how much progress we can make together. These government relationships are critical to ensuring sustainable change takes hold and thousands of girls are rescued from exploitation. Pray our advocates would have solid job security so they can keep up the fight alongside us!
- Praise God for our police partners in the Philippines. We work with several agencies and many officers of goodwill. We are especially grateful for our partners in the anti-trafficking unit of the Women and Children Protection Center. This specialized unit was established in 2015, and already they are making an impact in the communities to protect children from cybersex trafficking. Pray for the leadership to be wise, full of integrity and strategic. Pray that the unit will get the full resourcing it needs to be successful. And praise God for the dozens of children who have been set free as a result of their hard work.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please pray for our Advocacy & Mobilization team as they continue to recruit and train volunteers in cities throughout the U.S. Pray for wisdom and creativity for these volunteers as they rally financial resources, advocacy momentum and prayer support for our work, and ask God to use them as part of a movement to make justice for the poor unstoppable.