“In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”
— Acts 20:35
- Pray for our team in Ghana as they work with partners to reintegrate as many as 40 rescued children back to their home communities over the next 2 months. This work is challenging and takes great discernment and lots of travel time. We ask for you to pray for the safety of our teams and also for each of the communities where children will be returning home — that they will have changed hearts and minds about child labor, and that they would take ownership of caring for these children and ensuring that they have the opportunities they deserve to go to school and live in safety.
- Please pray for strength and grace for our Dominican Republic Advocacy and Mobilization team. This month, the team is preparing for two major workshops with pastors to effectively mobilize the local church in the fight against sex trafficking of children. Pray that these pastors would serve as platforms to invite other churches to participate in IJM’s global initiative for churches, Freedom Sunday.
- Please pray for peace and comfort for our team after the death of one of our beloved Finance staff, who served IJM faithfully for nearly 10 years. Pray the IJM staff could honor him well this week, and ask for God’s comfort and care over his wife and daughter. Pray they would have everything they need to cope in this difficult time and in the months and years ahead.
- Praise God for a record-breaking conviction in the Philippines! After only four and a half months in trial, a court found a man guilty of trafficking and posting real-life footage of sexual abuse of children online. This is the fastest conviction IJM has seen in any cybersex trafficking case in the Philippines to date, and we’re grateful for this act of justice on behalf of the children he hurt and exploited.
IJM HQ & Global Partners
IJM has partner offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K.
- Please continue to pray for favor as we seek the last 52 visas for our global team to come to Liberate, our global gathering to end slavery. The September event in Dallas, TX, will bring IJM’s global staff and family of supporters together, but we need these last visas to come through so every one of our staff members can be there. Ask God to pour out wisdom as we apply, and that the applications would be approved.
- Please pray for the recruitment of an HR Systems Analyst. This person will serve as technical resource to all staff and coordinate efforts with HR business partners to optimize the Workday system in order to bring continuous value to IJM’s mission.